PRODUCT SUBMISSION POLICY:
It is our policy to provide
the highest quality of unbiased evaluation and testing of products / services submitted to us
for review under the following conditions:
- As safety standards change in the industry, so must our product
submission policy as well. As we make any changes to our guidelines,
we will make that noted here. Latest evaluation guidelines update: 04/14/2010.
- PLEASE NOTE: If your product is one which is soon to
be released and you need evaluation completed before a specific deadline
date, please make a note of that in the note space onthe product and service submission form. You can
also contact us directly via telephone at 646.875.4541.
- Both professional and non-lab testing procedures will be implemented,
adopting use of ASTM F963, CPSC, EN71, European Council Directive, UL,
European ISO 14000 series, and JPMA evaluation/certification standards
for reference in all product evaluation. This will be combined with
use of the most current evaluation guidelines used and monitored by the The Toy Man® Product Guide.
- To ensure we uphold a credible and objective method of product evaluation, we publish lengthy and in-depth evaluation report summaries. These evaluation report summaries are provided at no charge for inducted products and online services which hold an active license for unlimited use of our Seal and awards. The license is on an annual renewal cycle.
- The licensing is purely optional and the annual renewal fee is only $25 USD.
- We use malls, schools, libraries, airports,
and other public locations for spontaneous unbiased hands-on consumer evaluation of products. Participants sign up to participate in the product evaluation and fill out a
consumer evaluation form which is submitted upon completion.